THE HAND-WOUND SHAFTESBURY SM301 WILL BE THE FIRST WATCH TO BEAR THE GARRICK NAME.
Some of the key elements of this fascinating timepiece include a machined brass dial, featuring an enamel coating and polished stainless steel, leaf shaped hour and minute hands, designed to look resplendent in ambient light. In addition, a small seconds display, with a slender red hand, resides adjacent 6 o’clock.
There is a delightful depth to the dial, courtesy of raised stainless steel chapter rings, mounted on steel pillars. The chapter rings are held in position with thermally blued screws, adding a flourish of colour with their vibrant bluish-purple hue, differentiating this watch from those which are mass-produced.
A sense of tasteful restraint is the order of the day. The case is constructed of stainless steel 316L, arguably one of the finest materials available for this purpose, measuring a highly agreeable 42mm in diameter, conferring ubiquitous appeal. The surface of the case features Garrick’s unique scratch resistant treatment, helping to preserve the factory-fresh appearance of the Shaftesbury sm301 for many years to come.
The incorporation of an onion-shaped crown will proffer ease of operation, as well as an elegant aesthetic, cohesively complementing the exterior of this handsome Garrick timepiece.
A talented team of English-based, Swiss-trained, watchmakers use an existing vintage Unitas 6498.1 base movement and enhance it to Garrick’s exacting standards. The specification includes an in-house free sprung balance, open spring barrel and thermally blued screws. Adding the free sprung balance means that the Shaftesbury is an extremely accurate timepiece and performs well above expectations.
The artisans based at Garrick’s workshop, further enhance the movement by adding in-house open bridges with hand bevelled edges, evincing a traditional mien.
The Shaftesbury sm301 is set to be a fine English watch with impeccable breeding.
The price of the Shaftesbury sm301 is £3995
- 316L Stainless Steel.
- 42mm Case
- Sapphire Crystal with AR coating
- 20mm Lugs
- Sapphire Crystal Exhibition Caseback
- Machined Brass Dial with a choice of rhodium plating or enamel coating
- Stainless Steel chapter rings
- Chapter Rings are raised on steel pillars
- Thermally Blued screws hold the Chapter Rings in place
- Manual Wind NOS Unitas 6498.1 base movement
- In-House Free Sprung Balance
- In-House Open Bridges with beveled edges
- Thermally Blued Screws
- Hours and Minutes displayed on the off-centre dial
- Seconds displayed on sub dial at 6 o’ clock
- Power Reserve: 42 hours
- Frequency: 18000 vph
- Rhodium Plated Hours & Minutes
- Red Sub Seconds
- 316L Stainless Steel pin buckle
- Alligator or Premium Leather