A posting on Instagram today reminded me of news that has been trickling out about an in house movement from the British watch makers Struthers. The husband and wife team of Craig and Rebecca Struthers have years of experience of vintage and antique watch restoration are now taking the next step and developing their own movement inspired by 1930’s engineering.
The picture (below) that appeared ion Instagram is of a back plate in German silver. The movement should be ready by the end of this year and in a watch in two yearThe picture (below) that appeared ion Instagram is of a back plate in German silver. The movement should be ready by the end of this year and in a watch in two years.
One company that has remained on my “to investigate” list is Struthers of London, because they produce some beautiful looking watches built around vintage movements. The arrival of the Kingsley gives me the excuse to write about them
The Kingsley is the second watch in their Tailor-Made range which gives customers the opportunity to specify their watch from a list of options.
· Movement – Manual-wind recommissioned vintage Omega from the 1950s, rescued from the bullion industry and stripped back to basics. Refinements include traditional hand engraved acanthus leaf scrolling, additional jewelling and precision regulation.
· Case – 38mm and available in sterling silver, 18ct gold or platinum. The solid case back is hinged and opens to reveal the hallmarks and movement beneath a crystal back.
· Dial – Pictured in French matt white but available in a range of colours, the numerals are available in rose and yellow gold or silver leaf.
· Strap – A wide range of leathers and colours are available, please contact us for details.
· Presentation – This watch is presented in a case hand-made in Scotland by award-winning bespoke designers and cabinetmakers Method, along with a unique build book photo documenting the creation of the watch.
Every watch is hand-built to order, a process which takes 3-4 months.
Prices start at £16,250 (inc. VAT)
To find out more and to see their other watches visit