As mention in my post on this subject last month this is the ideal excuse to write about motorcycles on a watch blog. The British watch brand Pinion have finally released details of their custom bike, and pretty cool it looks to.
Starting with a Yellow Yamaha XSR700 this is the list of parts used to transform the look:
– High-mounted exhaust (Akrapovic / Yamaha)
– Mesh covers for the side panels (Yamaha)
– Billet frame tube ends (Gilles tooling / Yamaha)
– Font and back axel covers (Gilles tooling / Yamaha)
– Black radiator cover (Yamaha)
– Black radiator side panels (Yamaha)
– Billet passenger footrest covers (Gilles tooling / Yamaha)
– Aluminium Chain guard (Yamaha)
– Brake oil side panels ( Baracuda Moto)
– LSL T6 ‘fat’ handlebars (Lower than the OEM ones)
– Domino grips (imported from the states)
– Rizoma mirrors (not pictured)
– Yellowed headlamp (tinted yellow spray)
– Single saddle (Yamaha – then re-made).
I think everyone would agree Piers has come up with an individual looking bike whilst maintaining “rideability” which is a factor often ignored by custom builders.
For the whole story behind the bike and more excellent photos visit