On one of my browsing sessions I came across another British “micro-brand” that has escaped my notice up until now. Offshore Professionalb from Classic Chronographs Ltd whose stated aim is to build unique chronographs under the OFFSHORE Professional model name.
These are the broad specifications:
- 44 mm diameter (47.5 mm incl crown), 14.5 mm thick
- Custom made triple complication 25 jewel Swiss Valjoux automatic movement with anti-magnetic key components
- Movement manufactured to a customised top echelon grade with decorated and rhodium plated mainplates
- Day and Date display
- Hour, minute and 1/8 second chronograph
- Layered shock resistance
- Pressure rated to 10 ATM (300 ft water depth)
- Suitable for any climate (tested in the arctic, tropics & middle east)
- 4 layer dial designed for maximum low-light and harsh-light visibility
- C1 Super Luminova solid wafers in hour and minute hand
- C3 Super Luminova hour markers on dial
- No luminous markings on subdial or second hands for clear night time legibility of hour and minute hands
- Silicon impregnated leather strap with rubber core and neoprene anti-sweat lining
- 316L stainless steel multi-hinge deployment clasp with engraved Trident logo
- 316L stainless steel bracelet with Trident logo deep engraved into a butterfly clasp
- Both the bracelet and strap are included with each watch
- Leather travel case suitable for up to 2 watches
- 2 year Warranty & a Lifetime Guarantee
There is a great description of this limits of this guarantee :
There isn’t much in day-to-day life that will destroy one of these watches. If you break a crown, button, sapphire crystal, damage the movement or do anything else from any reasonable level of accident (dropping onto a tiled floor for instance) over the first 2 years of ownership then just send it back and it will be repaired or replaced. Same goes for any water ingress provided you promise you didn’t push the chronograph buttons when swimming.
The warranty extends to the strap, clasp and bracelet. You can swim or shower with the leather strap as it is silicon impregnated to be more waterproof than your skin, but please remember not to apply any mosquito repellents containing high levels of DEET as they will dissolve the neoprene lining and leave a black stain on your wrist.
If you manage to break an OFFSHORE Professional Field Engineer through something not covered by the Warranty, like running over it with a car, then I will replace it at half the price of a new one. This is a lifetime guarantee (my lifetime as I don’t want to pass any liabilities onto my children) regardless of abuse, lack of servicing or number of owners. Failure analysis is a important part of engineering and from a dent or damage size, I can back calculate the impact energy that caused it and the energy levels that were absorbed or transmitted through each of the shock absorbing layers.
More information can be found at the company’s website www.classicchronographs.co.uk