Another British hopeful has come to my attention, this time as a Kickstarter project, Marloe Watches. British designed – hand wound watches.
Find our more here
Their first watch is the Cherwell.
Cherwell is the first edition from Marloe Watch Co. Designed in Great Britain and inspired by the prestigious university city of Oxford, this timepiece is named after the River Cherwell which meanders through this City of Dreaming Spires.
Like all Marloe watches, the Cherwell is a hand-wound timepiece which is powered by a manual movement. It features a multi-layered sandwich dial and a double-domed sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating.
- 43.4mm diameter x 12mm high (lug tips to crystal zenith)
- 20mm lug width, 48mm top to toe
- Hand-Wound mechanical movement with 21,600bph
- Power Reserve of over 50 Hours
- Double-domed sapphire crystal with AR coating
- Exhibition Case-Back with custom glass and perimeter engraving
- Multi-layered dial