Following on from the success of their first watch the H1 diver Southampton based Hamtun watches have announced the arrival of their second watch – the Neon.
Interestingly for this watch Hamtun have chosen a Swiss movement. The Neon Automatic will feature the Swiss made STP 1-11 movement, which is basically an ETA 2824-2 clone. When compared to the NH35A it wins in all areas. It ships from the factory better regulated, it’s far prettier, it has an extra 2 hours of reserve power, it’s slightly thinner so Hamtun can make the watch thinner, it has a better advertised accuracy and it beats at 28,800 vph so will give a super smooth sweep of the seconds hand.
The other details are:
- Available in 2 finishes – brushed 316L stainless steel and matte black PVD finished 316L stainless steel
- Matte black ceramic bezel
- Available in 5 dial colour combinations. The yellow shown here, blue, green, orange and white
- Double domed sapphire crystal on the front with 3 layers of anti-reflective coating on the inside and outside
- Sapphire crystal case back with internal and external anti-reflective coating
- Custom decorated rotor finished in matte black PVD and featuring the “Neon” branding
- Grade-A Swiss Super-LumiNova.
- 316L stainless steel H-link bracelet with solid end links and a spectacular high-quality clasp
- Silicone straps available in 6 colours – black, blue, yellow, green, orange, and white
I am looking forward to seeing this watch in the steel and hopefully the original H1 in the titanium.