This watch has features common to previous watches however, the Telemark stands alone as a bold addition to the Markers collection. It is Schofield’s first white dialled watch, Schofield’s first fully numerated dial and even Schofield’s first design to be inspired by a coastline outside of the British Isles.
Before giving more details I think it is important to describe what this very particular watch is like to wear.
But before covering the watch I cannnot ignore the very impressive black Osmo Ash box, below. Though it does make you wonder whether someone with a collection of several watches can find space to store the increasingly large and impressive packaging.
- Fully numerated submarine dial
- Dimensions – 44mm diameter base, 42mm bezel, 15.1mm high
- The word ‘Schofield’ replaces 9 minute marks on the chapter ring
- The hour markers in the chapter ring are black anodised appliqués filled • with Super-LumiNova C5
- Case – Vapour-blasted stainless steel
- Weight – 134 grams with strap
- Date disk reprinted for horizontal readability at 4:30
- All the parts of the hands and the windows line up when overlapping
- The second hand tapers towards the tip and the counterpoise
- The second hand counterpoise is filled with lume
- The case has a nail rebate for pulling out the crown
- The crown also has a groove for your nails to grip to pull out
- The case has a slight radius on the outer edge of the bezel
- The box is Osmo ash, the queen of English timbers
- Colour – Silver
- Crown – Push in, machine finish stainless steel, engraved
- Dial – White, luminescent applied markers Super-LumiNova C5
- Hands – Laddered baton, Super-LumiNova C3
- Movement – ETA 2824-2
- Power reserve – 38 hours
- Functions – Hours, minutes and seconds and date
- Case back – Stainless steel, engraved with Jomfruland lighthouse
- Crystal – Sapphire
- Water resistance – 200m
- Strap – Your choice
- Strap bars – Stainless, vapour-blasted
- Buckle – Brushed stainless steel, engraved
- Serialisation – Sequential numbering
- Warranty – 2 years
So in conclusion, I really enjoyed my time with the Telemark. I am slightly disappointed in the timing of my test. The perfect location for a review would have been my February ski break, but I already have the horological commitments for that, I was also really pleased to have the opportunity to write the first review which I did not want to postpone. Maybe I have another chance for next February.
My thanks to Melodie of Schofield for organising the logistics of this loan and for her cheery notes.